So you listened to this story, maybe you fell asleep, maybe you just thought that "wow, this gal keeps messing up on her reading!". Well let me tell you what - it was my first time and I thought - Hmmm a book about fairies!? Not to mention that I did not realize it was from the 1800s but I still went through with it! I thought that this story was definitely not your typical American bedtime story; however, I knew it would make for a great falling asleep story!
Sleep Facts that you don't want to miss:
1. Sleep is important as diet and exercise. Have you ever noticed that after exercising you feel amazing? Shouldn't sleep feel this same way? Sleep deprivation has been linked to heart disease, depression, and diabetes. Let's improve our lives with 6-8 hours of sleep at least!
2. We spend 1/3 of our lives sleeping!
3. It is not uncommon for a deaf person to sign in their sleep - just like we can talk in our sleep!
4. The sensation of falling when half asleep and jerking yourself awake is called ‘hypnic jerks’. They are increased by anxiety, caffeine or physical activity close to bedtime. They are more frequent in younger people.
5. Sleep deprivation can kill you quicker than food deprivation can.
For more facts, please follow this link to go to the resource for the facts in this episode!
Thanks for listening, dreamer.